I was reminded yesterday when I was talking to friends that our notorious "V Bar" - short for Verandah Bar, was going to be destroyed when the new house goes in. Note for a second that I make putting a new house on the block sound just like popping some mail in the letterbox....... hmmmm.
The V Bar has been the venue for many barbecues, lunches, birthday parties (including children's), solid drinking sessions (not that they occur that frequently anymore) - in fact any type of social occasion at our house due to the ridiculous size of our house!
For those of you who have been to our house and been a guest at our front verandah, please join me in farewelling what really has become an institution in our circle. For those of you who haven't then feel free to come and invite yourselves for a quick drink before it is ripped apart.
Please note that the V Bar in it's current form will probably not exist after January next year (if the build goes according to plan) but will be relocating to the back of the house under the guise of an alfresco (bit up market I know but we will have to get over that).
Having said that though the alfresco will be a dirt floor for a while so if you want to get down and dirty - you know how to find us!
The more I celebrate this little house getting closer to being leveled - the more I realize all the wonderful things we have achieved here............. but that is for another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment