Friday, October 9, 2009

It's all in the numbers!

I thought building a house would be about colours and space and feel.... what a crock!  It is all about numbers!

Number of sleeps until the current stage finishes...... number of days until the next stage starts!

Number of dollars overall, plus all the little dollar amounts that add up to the big dollar amount -  and there are so many of these little numbers to add up.

The final number - the number that we will get in 2 sleeps that will tell us whether or not we can actually afford to spend the big number amount.

Waiting for the big number to show up in our bank account and how many sleeps it is until that happens.

Number of rental houses that we will have to look at before we find one we can stand and is in our budget.

Numbers in and out of bank accounts so that we continue to pay deposits on time and keep track of them - which brings me to the most annoying numbers of all....... the budget.

A friend of mine recently blogged about tightening their belts and let me tell you - we are wearing one of the kids belts!  I am now shopping out of a ziplock bag of cash and once that is empty - it's gone, but we are doing OK so far.  Every number that moves in or out is scrutinised and placed in it's appropriate place and I am already sick of thinking about numbers.  I wanna look at tiles!

Apparently on Monday at our tender I will be given a pack that will help me think about the external colours of our house - woohoo!  Finally something different - until I remember that it has to come back to numbers too - what we can afford.  AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

I went to IKEA the other day and there are some really cute glasses that I want to see in my new kitchen - screw the numbers - I am getting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment